Monday, 14 May 2012

Me, Gabriel and Elder Folland

This week was great, and bad at the same time. We had 2 days in a row we just didn't teach anyone. It was terrible. A lot of people have been falling through recently which was really sad. We are working really hard and walking a TON and didn't get to teach a single lesson. We got blessed in the end though. We baptized a 9 year old of a less active member and he is so excited. It was really good for the family because it looks like they are going to attend more because the mom feels more of a responsibility to attend because Gabriel wants to attend church lots. The baptism was awesome too! Elder Folland did the baptism and it was a good learning experience of how they go. The spirit was really strong there, and all of his family was there. (cousins, brothers and sisters, uncles etc.) Most are not members so it was a good opportunity to get more references and have them learn a little about our church. 2 of them we are going to teach tomorrow which is awesome. They are SUPER interested. 

This is the life of me in the morning and night. Reading in Portuguese trying to translate, eating, drinking guarana and feeling very overwhelmed! I love being a missionary!

But I wanted to explain what a whole day is like for me here...

6:30 we wake up and excercise and I make my tiny breakfast at the same time.
7- Finish writing in my journal from the night before and get ready for the day.
8- study personal
9-11 we study together and Elder Folland just makes me teach all the lessons I have no idea how to teach so I can look like an idiot. He does it on purpose... haha. Its good for me though!
11-12 we study more of the language, and at this point I am restless from sitting.
12 lunch with a member until 1
1-9:30 we WALK WALK WALK everywhere. We have a huge area so we have a lot to cover. We will teach all of our investegators first and then tract for the rest of the night. It is so tiring but a good work out. My legs are getting stronger and stronger though! haha

Thats a day in the life of me! Just thought I would write it!

I have taught a lot of lessons this week more and more on my own. I get to talk about my family in every lesson because I do the part of the first lesson about how the gospel blesses families. So anything about how the gospel has blessed you all (stories) would be awesome! I would like that. Our mission president wants us to make the experience even better with talking a little more personally in our lives to better help the investegators know we are normal people too. Whenever we invite people to church people think it will just be them, and a bunch of missionaries... haha. Its really funny to picture. Its like the CTM basically... hah.

Lifes good though! Sorry this email was kinda lame, but I will try and make next weeks better! We have a lot to do this week! I love you all and take care!

Até Mais!
-Elder Millett