Monday, 21 May 2012




So this week... In all honesty wasn't all too great. Today I woke up and threw up immediately and it was no fun. I have been sick off and on all week. I laid down for a little while and now I am feeling way better. We cleaned the house, then went here to start our emailing. We are going to play basketball today and I am super excited for that. We got authorization from our president to play. We also have a contest going on for numbers this last week. If we won, we might get to play soccer as the prize, or he even mentioned PAINTBALL. How sweet would that be! haha. But I decided I am going to take a break from writing letters today. I feel just all too stressed out from this week in all honesty and will try and get to writing more letters here. I have a lot of people to respond to. Tell them all thank you so much for the mail! I love it all!

Anyways, my week started out great. Got bit by a dumb dog... haha. It made me laugh though. I was having the CRAPPIEST of days on monday but when that dog bit me, I go.... This is gonna make a great story. We were out taking pictures when this little dog came out of no where! It was so annoying just barking and growling. I went to go take a picture and that little dog runs up to me and bites my foot and it was like in the movies, where it hung onto my foot and I lifted my foot and it was still biting! Crazy! haha. But it was funny. Then later the dog bit a brazilian. The brazilian was not as nice as we were... We walked away from it and just went somewhere else while the other guy threw a rock at it. It in all honesty made me laugh... haha. That day I also bought my first soccer jersey. Those things bring a smile to my face. Who said money couldnt buy happiness! haha. jk...

I have lots of stories this week....
1. We invited the local drug dealer to church. It made me laugh. When we went into the house, I saw plenty of comfirmations that she was a drug dealer. But the family is so nice. The member that lives in the same favela didn't want to go there because he knows the family and didnt want to be near the drug dealer. haha. But nothing a Reeses peanut butter cup can't solve! haha When I offered one, he had no problem going. Brazilians will do anything for american chocolate! haha.

2. The buses are crazy here. They drive faster than cars in the United States. And when its super crowded on the bus its even worse. You are literally up against plenty of other people trying to hold on for your life. Its great. I gotta admit I love riding on buses though. Its a great arm work out too.

3. Kids pee wherevere they want here. In the middle of a lesson on the street, a kid just started peeing right there by my feet. It was really funny though. haha. Little things get me through the day.

4. The gross story of the week... Walking along this week I almost stepped on 4 dogs and 1 (sorry mom) dead kitten! They just throw the dead animals on the road and sometimes you just gotta walk with your head down and as I was walking, not paying full attention, I almost stepped on it! Yikes! Super gross but yet again, I laugh about the thought of it. haha. The kitten was the most sad though because I am not too fond of dogs anymore as I said before. haha.

I have plenty of more stories, but little time to share them all and some I will share when I get home! They are great though, I promise!

But this next week will hopefully be a lot better. I have noticed my portuguese is to a point where I can hold a good conversation. I got the comment from a lot of members that I speak better than people here for 12 weeks. Compliments make me big headed when they say that, but makes me feel better! I can have conversations with people in the ward now. Its great! I can understand them a lot more too now! I love it and love this country!

Also, I just started reading the book of mormon (O livro de mormon) and want to finish in no more then 2 months. I would like something I can print off and fill in as I read. Could you try and get me one though: That would be cool and I can print it off here! I am almost through 1 nefi and understand most of it! haha

One more thing, one thing we have been having trouble with here is people in the ward not helping recently. I beg you, help the missionaries lots in Puyallup! They need it! Its tough being a missionary without the help of the ward.

Well I gotta get going! I am excited to head off to play some ball! Super ready to get extra energy out and am very hungry right now. I love you all so much! Take care, and continue to write lots of letters please! I love them so much!

Smile always!

Elder Millich!