Monday, 22 October 2012

Hellllo!!


Thought I would start with English this time. haha. It's been a while since I have been able to speak English with any missionaries considering me and my Brazil comp are the only ones here. But first, your questions.

I am eating properly again. We received our money plus a little bit extra from president because he felt bad. It was nice. We went out to a restaurant (however you spell that) and it was super good! It's one thing I am gonna miss about Brazil is the  cheap food. 4 dollars for all you can eat! Ever seen that in the US?? No... haha.

-You could mail the package to the office if you want. Transfers are the 13th of November

-Trip to the zoo sucked... We got there and it was CLOSED! The only day it's not open is Mondays... How crappy. haha. So we went and played ping pong instead.

-Things are wonderful in Garça. I am feeling more and more comfortable with the area. I am super nervous though because I am doing a division in my area tomorrow with an American (Elder Newby from Seattle WA) and am super nervous. I have no idea why either. But the great thing is, we are going to get a pizza that night. haha. It will also be very good for me to get to know the area better. We never use the bus here. We walk EVERYWHERE we go. Literally everywhere. Sometimes members drive by and pick us up which is always wonderful but rare. I love it here in Garça. The members here are awesome and I just enjoy the environment here. It's more a small town which is something I like a lot. The only problem with that is that we pay a lot more for food and all here which stinks... But it's all good!

And no mom, they don't celebrate Halloween. It sounds like a few people do and I am gonna try and make an activity that day or something. haha.

Anyways the week: we baptized this week! It always feels really good to baptize. It really does. His name is Manuel and he is cousins with the Relief Society pres. He had the lessons taught so many times to him already for years he had said and been to church so many times but we showed up, just because we needed to know where lunch was (because the RS pres is in charge of it and he was there) and we left a little message with them and marked a date for baptism with him. He accepted and he had no idea why. He also had a huge addiction to Smoking, Drinking, and Coffee. But he said the next time we stopped by, he wanted to throw up with the thought of any of those. The Lord really does prepare people. After years, he was finally baptized and I had the privilege to baptize him. This area has not had a baptism in 6 months btw...

Fun stories for the week...

-First, I held a parrot! It was super cool but I was a little nervous at first. They are super friendly and love to bite people too... Random... But yeah, it bit my finger pretty good. And they have very sharp talons (I think that's the word). But it was such a cool experience! I loved it! I will for sure do it again!

-The other night, it was pouring down rain randomly. It was super sunny throughout the day and really hot. 40 degrees Cel again... EESH! Im gonna die with this heat. haha. But I got up to shut the window when a lightning bolt struck right outside our house! It was SOOOO LOUD!!! But a really cool site.

We had interviews this week with president. He was talking with me and he had said that he had closed this area. He closed it because the last missionaries here were slackers basically and pulled them out with no one here for a while. He had said he fasted and prayed specifically which missionaries to put in this area. I feel like I have a huge responsibility after he said that. But the interviews were really good. I love President Tavares. He is just such a loving man and I felt so much more motivated after that.

Other then these things, this week was really good. We worked a TON and are trying to work lots with the members here. We have lots of inactives but we, of course, want to change that! The members are great here and willing to help.

Today looks like I will just be writing letters and sleeping! Super excited!
I love you! Thank you for all you do!

Até Mais!
-Elder Millett

PS. Dad is going to love this guy named J.J. in our  branch. He LOVES airplanes and we had a super long talk because I told him dad worked for them. He has requested a magazine of Boeing if you could! He LOVES Boeing.