Monday, 29 October 2012

A week of crying....

My companion and I got back to the house after church, he sat down...
and was OUT! We were just super worn out after the week!
Not really, I just cut an onion and my eyes were watering for a whole hour... It stung! Is that normal for a whole hour?!

Anyways..

Yep, this week flew by. It was freakin hot here! I have no idea why it was so hot but recently it just has literally been scorching hot that no one is leaving their house or nothing. It's been above the 40s every day and night time is hard to sleep. It's also been interesting, I got some sort of food poisoning this week and also had a sore throat all week, which is now turning in to a cold. Crap... haha. But it's been great. Spent over 80$ on medicine because sister told me I needed to. I was drugged up a lot this week. You can imagine how that was. But I am feeling a lot better after all the meds. Well anyways, the ´´splits´´ went good. It was really fun. It was great to speak English for a little while and to enjoy. But it's getting easier everyday to communicate with people here. Just gotta learn more words. We had pizza and of course it was good. I gotta be honest... pizza is way better here. It's a lot cheaper too. Well sometimes... And everyone comes with a free drink here in Garça. But we spent the day, really rainy, trying to find more people to teach. We ended up finding a few which was good.

So transfers... president will either move transfers to one more week after, or one more week before Christmas. I think it will be before though. The prophet has actually said that all Elders going home near Christmas to go home before to spend time with the family. So it will probably be moved up or back. President knows, I just don't know. haha. Dont worry!

So some stories this week...

1. Found out I am allergic to some sort of bug here. It could be a type of mosquito here. I got bit and it was REALLY bad looking. Another medication I had to take for the week. But it cleared up really fast. You should see my arms though... they got eaten alive. I am using bug repellent now though.

2. I was walking along on the sidewalk and... well let me explain this first. They have little trash collectors here outside of all the houses. Normally they are stationed right next to the road but for some reason there was another trash collector thing hanging from the wall of a house. I was walking along and.... yep you guessed it.... DING! Hit my head really hard. It was really funny to think about after but the headache that day SUCKED!. haha Yeah I guess I learned my lesson to walk looking straight ahead. haha.

3. We were out looking for a reference we had gotten a week ago. We were looking for the house but the number given was wrong. The name of the lady was Ruthy. Ruthy in English isn't as funny... but in Portuguese its said like Hootchy... Which already made me giggle a little. But my companion went asking another lady... hey, I am looking for a Ruthy, you know where she is? I just died laughing. A little immature yes... but super funny in my opinion.

Anyways, this week was nothing super special. I was super tired and worn out like every day and it was such a fast week. I am continuing to work really hard here and let's just say... my clothes are getting destroyed! I see why missionaries shoes are so destroyed and shirts dirty now... haha. But yeah, shirts would be nice someday! Maybe Christmas gift?

Gotta get going though! I love you all!

Até Mais!
Elder Millett!

Ps. Connor, those are some sweet cleats you got there. I am thinking about buying some sweet Brasil ones while I am down here too. Be jealous bud ;) haha