So another Monday, ALREADY!!! Yikes I can’t say it enough but time flies by. This time is going by fast. Well first questions...
Thanks for getting off that shirt! I know he is so excited! And I think one thing that Edinea might like is some candy. I hooked them up with some starbursts and she LOVED them! And so did Bruno. So maybe just some American candy? haha. I can’t think of something else that she would like. But they are seriously awesome and I just really want to do something for them. And you can get him which ever kind of tie you think is the best. The regular one would be good then I could teach him!
Yeah I have used the Dazer [device that emits a high pitch that deters dogs] a lot. It’s so funny to see the dogs run up to the gate then they are about to bark then I use it... Lots just run off freaking out which is hilarious. haha. But I love having it.
I did use my sweater and that’s it. I recommend not bringing a heavy coat to whoever comes down this way. It’s only cold in the morning and that’s it. The night isn’t even that cold. So just a sweater will do. I was well warm enough!
So my week was Loko! I had some fun experiences though. This week started out normal and we went to our appointments and all that fun jazz and got a call. I got sent to Londrina for a day. It was awesome! It literally felt like I went home again. I love Londrina and I am hoping to spend some more time there before I leave. I loved it there. But I went with one of the Elders that actually chose me, (because he said I am one of the only chill people in our area haha) and we went to his appointment he had there. We just spent the whole day and just got to joke around. I was bummed I didn’t have time to go see old friends there. But the house where I used to be is now a set of Sister missionaries. But anyways, we went to McDonalds! It was so good to have some American food again. i love it. I took that fattening stuff for granted! Now they don’t have hamburgers here like they do in the states. So the first place I go to is Red Robin when I return! haha.
But this week we did a lot of running. We have been going crazy since we now have two areas so it’s HUGE! We are walking like crazy. It is so hot here and I am just dying from the heat. I want it to cool down a little bit again but probably won’t happen. Our 2 baptisms this week fell through but that was actually a blessing. An investigator, Moises, the first time we met him was a DRUNK and almost lost his family. We started teaching him and his family and his family is not going to be separated now because he is stopping drinking. The church is a huge blessing in more ways than one! His wife is now talking about getting baptized too! I am super excited. He drank on Thursday which was so sad so he couldn’t be baptized but he literally only took a sip... enough that we couldn’t baptize him. But he will be baptized this next week with his wife. His wife went to church this week and they are happier than ever! And because he drank, he gave us dinner at his house the next night. He said he was so scared to tell us he drank a little bit which was funny. But we got dinner out of it! We actually got dinner 3 times this week which is NOT NORMAL! I have only gotten dinner on the mission 6 times now. Which is pretty darn good though. I was just super excited. Anyways, keep him in your prayers to help him stay firm not drinking. I don’t want him to lose his family especially!
Well some fun stories...
1.While I was in Londrina, I was waiting for my comp who was in there and I had to stay in the waiting room. You know how weird it feels to be alone now? It was so weird feeling! It was just me and the receptionist lady and I just felt weird not being with a comp. I see why missionaries are awkward after the mish...
2.Edineas we were having dinner again one night and I was just talking to her and Bruno. I always have a problem with my Portuguese there and always mix up what I am saying. She asked me for a scripture and I said this... Sim, eu tenho aquela escritura [yes I have that scripture] for you. I always just throw in a little bit of English in my sentences! haha. It was funny. But she loves the saying that I said to Bruno when I was looking at their pictures. I said what Deanna would always say to me... What happened Bruno?! You used to be so cute! haha. Edinea loves saying that now! She says thank you D!
3. Edinea also says, the reason she will go to the states is just to get starbursts. She loves American candy because in all honesty, the candy here is TERRIBLE!
4.When me and Elder Halpin have bad days, we go by the bread place and usually get some cake, and some Guaraná to drink. It is so nice to just have some time to think. But it was funny because the other day we met this lady that was an owner of a bar that told us Hey! Come grab a drink. We were like... uhhh... we don’t drink pinga. haha. But she told us she had Guaraná for us that we could drink that was so good! I just through it was funny, 2 missionaries hanging out in the bar talking to drunk people. They never shut up...
5. SImple story... we woke up, there was a dead cat in front of our door. It was great... haha
This week was a pretty good week. I am looking forward to this next week as to what will happen. We are working on finding more people to teach and to be more productive with our time. Yesterday at church everyone seemed more united and more willing to work together which was great. Edinea also bore testimony and I was so happy. She is probably one of the strongest members in our branch now. Her testimony was so powerful and she just talked about maybe sometimes the time isn’t right to hear the missionaries because the first time she had the missionaries she hated them. But she was prepared for me and Elder Halpin and just I wish you could have heard her testimony. It was so simple and so powerful! She had people crying even! The spirit was very strong there.
I am loving the mission here. It’s just so fun seeing it change people’s lives for the good and helping them just simply be a better person, and also being a part of the TRUE church on earth. I love you all so much and hope all is well in the states! I got home sick the other day, just for some food there. That’s it. haha. Is that weird??? I wanted Taco Bell so maybe you should go out to Taco Bell for me and drink mountain dew!" Please! I know Connor wouldn’t mind... haha.
Take care and always smile! Thank you for all your encouraging words! I want to continue hearing from everyone through letters! Continue sending them! Letters are wonderful! I am trying my best to write back to EVERY letter! I love you all!
Até mais!
Elder Millett
ps. Could you scan the pic of my baptism and send it to me? Or just in the mail. Either way. I just figure it would be good to show parents and stuff who don’t think their child is ready! Thanks! And that map too! I would like one asap please! haha. People ask all the time... where the heck is that?! Love ya!