| With Elder Delcat to show how studly we are.. |
It is really hot here and super humid right now... I am dying! And this computer place today the ac broke so I will be sweating like crazy the next 45 minutes... haha.
Answers to your questions now...
(Question was what should we eat for you at Taco Bell?)
1. Order a crunch wrap. I am craving one hardcore! haha.
(Have you had a chance to make pizza again?)
2. No I haven’t made pizza this week. One of the families in the ward wants to make a pizza and cookies with me this week. I am really excited because they pay for the whole thing as long as I make it and show them how to make it! haha. Score!
(How is Rodrigo doing? You haven’t spoken about him in a few weeks.)
3. Rodrigo... yeah that was a really sad story I will explain to you one day. He ran away with his family and his other part of the family has no idea where they went. It’s really sad... I was really depressed for two days because of it I will be honest.
(How is Moises doing?)
4. Moises... Him and his wife are trying SO hard to make it to baptism. He drank again this week because he got really stressed and fought with his son and doesn’t like contention. We are helping him and his wife and they are awesome. They are reading every day, praying together and just doing everything they need to. They will make it there and I know it! He says he really knows the power of the priesthood is true because he invited us over to his house 2 weeks ago to bless his house. It was such a cool experience and we blessed it and the spirit was SOOOO strong there. It is hard to describe. But we blessed that this house could be where EVERYONE lived and happiness could be here. None of the family lived there with him because of his drinking problem and just a week after we blessed the house, all the family lives there again and he is happier then you could ever imagine. He bore his first testimony to us and he didn’t even know it! It was an awesome experience for me too. Love that family so much!
(How is Edinea doing? Does she have a calling yet?)
5.Edinea is absolutely an awesome person! No doubt! But I like that, hopefully you get to meet her one day. I got thinking about it and there have been lots of moms and dads that come down to visit. I just think about that all the time and how cool it would be if you guys came down at the end of my mission and for the last week just show you and dad around, and you can experience a little of brazil! haha. But we will have to see... President T doesn’t mind that because a lot of presidents of the mission don’t like when parents come down but president loves meeting the parents. We will talk about it more one day! haha. But Bruno is 8 years old and no she hasn’t gotten a calling yet. She is going to be interviewed this week by president of the branch to get her a calling though!!! :)
(Asked if he had access to milk and mayonnaise there since he wanted ranch dressing. Figured if he did, I could just send a mix.)
6. Yes we have lots of Mayo and milk here. They are a little weird with their mayo here... they like it on pizza and weird things. But yes we do have it. haha.
Anyways, this week as I said was very hot. It keeps getting hotter and hotter here. It is crazy humid and I don’t like it because, this is the season for big spiders (you already know that) and now the COCKROACHES! YAY! haha. There are some huge cockroaches that we see randomly in our house. It is pretty nasty but very normal because every Brazilian home has them. You just get used to them and it’s no big deal... But this week was wonderful. Our shower broke, again, and our washing machine broke too! It was super funny because it broke the day after I did my wash. But I am SO excited to do my wash by hand. It will be hopefully the only time in my life I do it but I am actually really looking forward to doing it. It will be a lot of fun and a new experience.
Tempo das historias! [Time of stories!]
1.Our neighbor came out to help us and he is super old. He always has to be right which is really annoying to have neighbors like that, which all of them have been like that so far... But anyways, he came out to help us with the water cuz he wanted to explain something and came out naked... He had a towel covering him up but he was walking and it just fell off. It was no big deal for him though cuz he didn’t react or anything... AWKWARD....
2. We had missionaries knock at our door. It was a lot of fun. They were very awkward people and got me thinking; wow I hope I am not this awkward. I talked with them for 10 minutes before they even told me what church they were from... I told them we have a book preach my gospel if they would like to use it to learn some techniques. It was really funny. I like talking to them though!
3. I got my first hole in my shoes! I celebrated a little and did a little dance in the street because I was just happy to know I had walked that much to get a hole already! I love these shoes though. They are my Rockport’s. I am gonna try and get them resoled.
4. It was Independence Day here. We were walking into center for our meeting and it was a huge parade going on. We were walking in the middle of it and didn’t even realize at first. So we had a little fun with it and starting just waving like the princesses would in the parades. Haha. But it was CRAZY! Those always turn into riots there it sounds like. We had our meeting and got out and sure enough, the streets were empty, nothing was open and there was nothing but trash just EVERYWHERE. It was weird walking in the center of the city with no one there. We saw an ice cream shop open and hit it up. It was even better than DQ and they only cost 50 cents for a cone! IT’S WONDERFUL!
5. I got to cement a wall this week for service. It was a lot of fun and we had a lot of fun with it. I actually enjoyed it and got to learn a new thing I can maybe use sometime in my life! It turned out looking really good too! I also got told, ´´you are allowed to marry now because you know how to do this´. It made me laugh, but I have a Brazilians approval now! I think it would be fun to build a house here even!
6. Here I drink more soda/pop (whatever people call it) then I have ever drank in my entire life. It is CRAZY! I love soda but I am drinking lots of water because I know the dangers of it. So I am keeping balanced but everyone no matter where you are gives you soda to drink. They are really good too and you should check if they have guaraná in the states. Look it up please! haha.
SO I really don’t have a lot of time to write today. This week has been good and I am trying so hard and it feels like the fruits of the labor is none week after week. I get looking back though and I see there have been fruits from my labor. But one thing I learned from this is maybe because it feels like nothing is coming out of the Lords work at the time; it ALWAYS pays off no matter what you think. I love you all and hope all is well!
Take care!
Até mais e te amo! [So long and love you!]
Elder Millett!