Anyways, this week was great and had a lot of struggles! it was one of those times I just wondered why I was here and things like that. I had a really good talk with Elder Carrell that night though and it's always good to have those talks. Things are honestly tough here. First thing that has just been really getting to me is people just lying straight to our face. It just gets really upsetting when they are doing that to us and all we want to know is the truth. Like honestly, one house we had gone to the mom doesn't like us but the rest of the family is awesome. We had gone there 3 weeks already trying to see the husband and all but it was always the mom answering, or ignoring us. haha. Anyways, we clapped the gate and literally she just shut the door. Then literally we just waited a little longer and she came out and started cleaning the front porch. We yelled to her asking how she was and if anyone was home, and she ignored us... Anyways, the next day we came back and she was outside. We got talking to her and this was the last time we will ever speak with that family. We got there and she straight up said to us, oh I couldn't hear you probably. She was 10 feet away from us. It just gets redic these little lies... haha.
So the week started out rough this week. Me and Elder Halpin just got in a huge argument. I literally was so upset so I just called the District Leader and we did a division for the day. It was a really good division too. I learned a lot of things and I got a break from my comp. But we came back and worked everything out. We even had interviews with the president this week about everything and I spoke about our relationship as comps but literally after that, I haven't had nothing but good to say about him and he speaks good about me now. It's so much better working with him now and I am getting along really well with him. It is crazy. Finally now that we only have one more week together maybe... haha. I don't know. We will see what happens for transfers!
We had a huge problem this week with finding people to teach which was so tough. All of our investigators that we had told us not to come back or others we just had to give up on. It was rough. So we literally spent another day just clapping at the gates. We got to talk with a TON of Jehovah witness people. It just was a crazy day. We taught this guy too which was LOKO! We asked him, do you know a church with 12 apostles on the earth today? He was like... I am a church. I am the prophet, the 12 apostles and everything else. You can just imagine all the other things he said... he was just not there fully in the head I decided...
Some great stories for the week....
1. FIrst, we met the craziest drunk man! We were walking down the street and he goes, I want to stop drinking! So of course we talked with him. We want to help him stop so we were there for a little talking then all of a sudden.... He was like... are you Americans?!?! He was so fascinated with the fact that we are Americans that he started screaming, I AM TALKING TO AMERICANS! haha. He was so excited. He wanted our autograph and everything. He kept following us after that and we could not get rid of him. It was so freakin tough. We finally had to run from him.... oh the joys of missionary work.
2. I was out in the middle of nowhere this week after dark. We got permission to go out to this place out in the middle of nowhere (the farms). Me and Elder Denna were out there just to visit one family which took 2 and a half hours to get out there. It was pitch black but amazing out there. It felt like I was in Idaho again. This whole place just makes me feel like I am in Idaho. Elder Denna was also very grateful that my wonderful mom got me such a nice flashlight that I always have with me. Just so you know! haha.
So more that happened, I taught my first Sunday school lesson ever this week and my first ever in Portuguese... Very difficult... haha. I did not do too bad though it sounded like from what Edinea said after. She is just the sweetest lady ever. We went there on Friday and the first thing she said to us was, Elders, I would like to do a fast for my family so they can listen to your message and understand why I am doing this. This lady is just AWESOME! I am so proud of her and Bruno too! 8 year old Bruno that we baptized also gave the prayer in sacrament meeting even! It was super awesome. I literally was shocked at how great of a prayer it was! I just am so grateful for them and they are a huge example to me!
I got another family that for sure needs the help of prayer. So I would ask you would pray for them... The family of Ronaldo. He is having the toughest time and we are trying to help them. He is not doing very well in work and they got kicked out of their house. They are now living in our area. The 4 kids were baptized but the parents can't be baptized because they are not married as of now. It was really sad the other night because he asked us for help with food. We talked to members and they helped with food and they are making it along barely. He really wants to be baptized and be married legally to his wife but the other night he came home super drunk. It was a terrible experience because that night he just literally was so sad about everything that was going on and is trying so hard. Please pray for them! The kids and family are just super awesome!
I love you all so much. Glad to know you are all having so much fun without me! haha. Its so freakin hot here right now and it's just crazy! Walking a ton here also! I can't wait. We are going to hit up the all you can eat for 2.50 here after then SLEEPING! Can't wait! Well and some more letter writing... haha.
I love you all!
Te-amo e até mais!
Elder Millett
