Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Report from Brazil April 4, 2012


Photo sent from CTM Mission President.

Hey Everyone!!! Brazil is still awesome of course! Another PDAY already and its crazy to think i am more then halfway through the CTM time here. Crazy! But thank you so much for the big cookie! I am looking at it as I write this and it makes me want to just stop and eat it... haha. But thank you so much! In reguards to that they have it unlimited for any missionary to send letters to whoever they want. The thing is the person sending it from home can only send how ever many they pay for. Thats what I got with my broken portuguese when I was talking to them.

But my week... Pretty straight forward and normal week. Just studying like crazy and working pretty hard struggling and fighting to get the language down. Its tough! There are so many rules for this language that do not make sense in english one bit. But english doesnt really make sense either... haha. Our brazilian roommates left this week. It was really sad to see them off. They are going up in the Amazon area in northern brasil. That is just crazy! But they were so excited. My roommate (elder j silva that left) said thank you mom! He ate a recess peanut butter cup and I am not kidding, he had the best look on his face. He loved it so much he put the wrapper in his journal. It made me laugh. It was super funny. They have peanut butter down here btw... they just don't have american peanut butter. So the stuff down here is nasty. I also gave J Silva a few more recess for the road because he loved them so much. He was so grateful for them because I know for a fact his family doesn't have very much. He is a convert to the church and is just an awesome missionary. When he left, we were down studying and we all came back to ties on our beds. I felt so bad because like I said, he didn't have very much. It was awesome though. We now have a dedicated J silva tie day on Tuesdays. haha. There was also another great story from him. He called me Mariah Carrey again and it made me laugh. But after that, he was trying to say that she was "hot" but said "Elder Millett, you are Hot". Made me laugh so hard. But we probably sound the same to him in Portuguese...

So conference was awesome this week! I loved it! To start off.... 2nd session did you see David Archuleta? That was so random. He is already in the MTC which I did not know. I think that is awesome though. Conference felt weird considering we didn't get to start watching the first session til 1 and the second session at 5. We then had to wait til the next day to watch priesthood which they had us down there at 7 in the morning. This missionary schedule is growing on me. I don't mind waking up early now because of it. It was a lot of fun. One thing I really took from conference that hit me was with the missionary stuff. A lot of people talked about missionary work but it was one that he spoke about the sacrifice being made. I know how much of a sacrifice it is for me to be out here. But the thing he said about Christ attoning for us, really makes me think that 2 years is super dinky. I feel like there is more I could do then just this! I love it here. Another thing is we are still teaching our fake investigaters. Its tough fighting for the words to come out but I try so hard and we actually are progressing. Me and my companion are working a lot better together. It is a good combo we got here now. haha. I am working my hardest though!

Well I got to send some letters to people but I still need to write Aimee and Michelle back. So don't hate me! I am trying to send as much as possible but time constraints limits me to how much I write and with a lot of people sending me letters (which I am very grateful for) I only have so much time!

Just know that I love you all and I hope you enjoy these pictures! The one with our brazilian roommates is the night before they left and the other temple one is all of us going to Londrina for our mission. I can't wait to get out of the CTM! Its killer considering that I can't walk around outside whenever I want. So worth it though!

I love you! Take care and enjoy California! I loved the pictures!

Elder Millett
(almost Brazilian)


Elder Millett with his Brazilian roommates the night before they left.


Group of Elders going to Londrina.