Wednesday, 11 April 2012

4 Week Report


Sounds like an awesome week for the family! The week here was pretty good too! Had some great experiences. First off me and my companion "baptized" our fake investigator. I am pretty proud because we were the first one in the district to baptize him! Super excited for him even though it was fake. Its a good feeling though! Another cool thing that will be happening is that we get to have a quorum of the 12 speak in londrina 2 days after I get there it sounds like! I am super excited to be able to hear from who ever it may be. All of them are awesome! Of course. We had a speaker come speak here who was actually the first black man to serve a mission. That is a pretty cool thing I would say! He serves as a mission president here in Sao Paulo now and it was pretty cool, because he translated himself! It was pretty sweet. He is a very good speaker!

So another fun thing is we had people from the ward come in to do TRC again this week. We had 45 minutes to teach this time and had 0 time this week to plan. We had 4 other people to plan for already that we never got to that. Crazy week!!! But me and Elder Mcguire did awesome! It was a pretty good lesson that we taught on the plan of salvation. Not bad I would say. But at the end of the lesson we got to talk to the people for a little while. There were 3 kids, 1 teen and an adult who maybe looked 21 ish. He was actually 27 and was a BISHOP! That was crazy. I am pretty sure that is the youngest bishop I have ever met to be honest. haha. He was a very nice guy and really fun to talk to.

So I had my first real life experience in Brazil. We got to walk around for the whole day today and we went out shopping for certain things. We also went out to eat at this place that is highly reccomended by the CTM to eat. We even saw our president there. That is how good it is. haha. But we ate there and it was really good! Best meat I have EVER had! I would recommend maybe stopping by here in Brazil for a day just to eat! Maybe swing by the CTM while you are at it! haha. More on this we actually HAD to use our portuguese out there and I realize just how bad I am at it when I go out there. Its pretty crazy. They talk so fast but my teacher said in Londrina they talk a lot more chill and slow. I am really glad for that. There was an outbreak of some fluenza in Provo MTC so here we are not allowed to shake hands. So what our president here said is that we have to bump elbows and different things like that. Its fun walking up to brazilians and elbowing them. They look at you funny then remember why you are doing it. President dane ( i am pretty sure thats not how to spell it) held a meeting for the district leaders and we went. I had the opportunity to bump elbows with him! Pretty sweet if you ask me! He is a really nice man and a great leader.

Its been 4 weeks ALREADY!!!! Way fast! I feel like I will be home before I even get started. I have been working so hard that I don't even realize the time flying by. But since we leave in a week and 5 days the lady that does the music asked if we would sing. We are going to sing and the guy in charge of EVERY missionary in the world (not the prophet either) is going to be here that week. He will also be sitting in on our class. Super nervous! We agreed to sing though and I got to pick the song. Come thou fount it is!!! I am pretty excited to sing it just because of that :) I love that song and listen to it almost daily! Thanks Deanna! haha.

So the food here is getting progressively worse, just like my spelling. But we had this stuff that I am pretty sure we ate dog. It wasn't dog though because that is illegal here in sao paulo but it was still nasty. We met two elders and two sisters that are going to londrina though and they said the food there is like the united states but a lot more healthy. They have hamburgers, fries, pastas and stuff along those lines. They said to look forward to it! Which I am! haha.

Elder Combs (spelling) left this week to the field. [Elder Coombs is a young man from our stake who went out 2 weeks before Cameron.] It was awesome getting to hang out with him and his district a lot too. He was really cool and had some awesome people in his district. They handed down the "coolest american district award to us" when they left too. feeling pretty honored! haha. We got a sweet glow in the dark basketball hoop and ball to ball it up at night time when we can un-wind. We have to figure out who to hand it down to now.

Other then all this, we got new roommates this week. They are super funny and I will tell you more about them another time! I gotta head out! I can't wait til I am out in the field and have more then 30 minutes to write!

I love you all! I hope all is going well in the states for everyone! I am working hard still and got a lot to prepare for this next week and am very excited to take on the next week! Its one sweaty day here in Sao Paulo too! A little too warm for my taste!

Take care!
Ate Mais!

-Elder Millett