
Oi!!! I am in Brazil! This is wonderful out here and I love it beyond belief! The city is great and the CTM is just awesome. I feel as if I am sorta in jail though... It is pretty fun. We got to go to the Campinas temple today and it was an amazing experience. I loved every bit of it. I can't believe I am here though. It is a very weird feeling. Well I know how much you like the details (mom) so I will try and write as many as possible. Well to start off, the food is.... EH... That is all I can describe it as. I got sick from it one day already. But they said the more you get sick at first the better. You basically become immune to it. I hope that happens. The idea of dessert here is kind of weird too. No chocolate, just like pudding and weird snot looking stuff that tastes like sugar. Its weird but at the same time it is great. My companheiro <--(yep learned that word!) is elder McGuire and he is awesome. He is from Vancouver WA and its way funny because I have met him before at school right after I opened my mission call. He likes a lot of the same things I do but hates soccer... So i don't know how we will get along. kidding. But the language is super tough. I think i went this whole week only learning a few phrases and words but they said that is normal. I learned how to do a basic prayer, testimony and a few other little things. Its a lot of fun with the teachers we have. One is Irma Da Silva and she doesnt speak any english. Well a little... But we play charades which is a lot of fun. Makes things interesting. From the CTM here we are on the 6th floor. They have elevators but we are not allowed in them. So in other words, I got up 6 flights of stairs atleast 10 times a day which is equivilent to Ripped legs after the next few weeks. Right? lol. Our view from up there is sweet though. We open the window and you can see Seattle times 100 out there. Thousands of skyscrapers and buildings build on top of each other. It is pretty sweet. I can't complain. Another interesting thing is we have choir every sunday and tuesday where the lady here is so serious about it. She wants harmonies and melodies and I just want to sing a normal song. We only sing in Portuguese too. Its tough. I don't know what I am saying but I know its true! My roommates (district) think I am a "good" singer and are trying to turn me in to do a solo. Not gonna happen... So everytime the conductor is listening I either sing really quiet or I just don't sing very well. (you can imagine what that would sound like). haha. They also do their firesides here in two languages so it is so hard to listen but the message behind them are so nice. Its just so hard working with my short attention span listening to English then waiting for the translator to translate it into Portuguese after every sentence... Its killer! But the message behind it is worth it and I know it is teaching me patience. The language in general is teaching me patience. I am starting to realize how not orrganized this letter is and how much I can't spell. There is no spell check on this computer and all the letters are in Portuguese... lol. Glad I memorized it at home! The rooms here are really nice along with the building. The cockroaches are a nice touch here and there too. The heat just adds to everything too. It has been so hot (90F plus some) but are somewhat chilly nights. It really does snow in Londrina they say too. Glad I got warm clothes but they say in the summer its very dry and as hot as Arizona summers.... This is gonna be tough! I already am dying from the heat as it is... lol. How is everyone doing at home? I realize it has only been a week but I know lots has probably already changed! I can't believe a week has gone by already too and I can't believe I will only be in the CTM for 6 weeks total. I am starting to see why maybe they do Nine weeks normally. I understand completely. It is really tough out here but I know it is gonna be so worth it. I miss all of you guys already and a lot of my friends too! But that just comes with it... I know why I am here and I am in that mode about focusing on serving the Lord.
I sent today a letter to you guys through mission ties I think you should try and use. They can get a letter to me within 3 days instead of the regular 3 weeks. Could you maybe send it or tell about it to close friends if they want to do it? And also send it to Emily please? That would be great! I just love letters and I want to be able to keep up on what is going on and not have to wait a whole week always to hear from you all.
I love you all and miss you guys so much! Thanks again for all your support and for the great people you are to me! I can't wait to hear from you all again! Write lots of letters everyone because they are always much appreciated :)
I will message you again on Wednesday of next week hopefully! If we have enough time that is...
Ate Logo!
Elder Millett